Krzhizhanovskogo Street, 24/35, korpus 5, 117218, Moscow, Russia
Tel.: +7 (499) 128-85-19
Fax: +7 (495) 719-07-40
Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The article represents an analysis of the system and practical instruments of state political planning in the Russian Federation. Three concepts have been reviewed: results-oriented budgeting, the main directions of the government’s activity and the draft commissions on modernization and technical development. Political planning is regarded as the justification of the political foundation of the strategy by taking into account the multitude of political factors that determine the direction of society development in all its spheres. Analysis of the planning systems is based on official documents of the Government of the Russian Federation, Internet sites of key ministries and agencies (primarily the website of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation), interviews with the agents of political planning. The neoinstitutional theory served as the theoretical and methodological approach. The article discusses the history of development of the political planning system in Russia since the 1990s, analyzes the structure of political planning, its problems and shortcomings, in particular, preservation of obsolete elements and setting the goals that cannot be achieved. A systemic pyramid of political planning is shown, at the top of which there is a three-level system of goals of the Government of the Russian Federation, covering all areas of activity. The basic objectives of political planning include raising the level and quality of life of the population, ensuring high rates of economic growth, raising the level of national security and building the capacity for future development. It has been concluded that a harmonious system of state planning has not yet been built, but all agents of the political system realize its necessity. For its development, the author proposes to unify and bring all political planning tools into a single hierarchical system; to create a single planning institution that would be responsible for coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the implementation of political planning in federal executive bodies; clearly allocate all the existing objectives between ministries and departments, based on their functional orientation, while allowing for the expansion of functions for some government agencies.
government, planning, governmental policy, budgeting
1. Benveniste G. Ovladevanie politikoy planirovaniya: Sozdanie realʹno vypolnimykh planov i politiki, kotoraya vedyot k peremenam [Mastering the planning policy: Creating realistic plans and policies that lead to change]. Translate fron Eng. K. P. Mikhnevich; General ed. by M. R. Kalantarova. Moscow, Progress: Firma «Univers», B.g., 1994. 303 p. (in Russ.).
2. Postanovlenie Pravitelʹstva RF № 594 ot 26 iyunya 1995 goda «O realizatsii Federalʹnogo zakona “O postavkakh produktsii dlya federalʹnykh gosudarstvennykh nuzhd”» [Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 594 of June 26, 1995 "On the implementation of the Federal Law" On the supply of products for federal state needs"] (in Russ.).
3. Postanovlenie Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 22 maya 2004 goda № 249 «O merakh po povysheniyu rezulʹtativnosti byudzhetnykh raskhodov» [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 22, 2004 No. 249 "On Measures to Improve the Effectiveness of Budget Expenditures"] (in Russ.).
4. Rasporyazhenie Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 17 noyabrya 2008 goda № 1663‑r «Ob utverzhdenii Osnovnykh napravleniy deyatelʹnosti Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2012 goda» [Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 17, 2008 No. 1663–r "On approval of the main directions of the activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for the period until 2012"] (in Russ.).
5. Svodnyy doklad o rezulʹtatakh i osnovnykh napravleniyakh deyatelʹnosti Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 2008‑2010 gody, rassmotrennyy Pravitelʹstvom Rossiyskoy Federatsii na zasedanii 27 dekabrya 2007 goda [Consolidated report on the results and main activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for 2008‑2010, considered by the Government of the Russian Federation at the meeting on December 27, 2007] (in Russ.).
6. Metodicheskiy kabinet. Vedomstvennye programmy [Methodical cabinet. Departmental programs]. Federalʹnoe kaznacheystvo. Ofitsialʹnyy sayt. URL: http://www.roskazna.ru/p/mk/vp.html [date of visit: 6.12.2011] (in Russ.).
7. Postanovlenie Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 22 dekabrya 2004 g. № 842 «O vnesenii izmeneniy v poryadok razrabotki i realizatsii federalʹnykh tselevykh programm i mezhgosudarstvennykh tselevykh programm, v osushchestvlenii kotorykh uchastvuet Rossiyskaya Federatsiya» [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 22, 2004 No. 842 "On Amendments to the Procedure for the Development and Implementation of Federal Target Programs and Inter-State Target Programs in the Implementation of which the Russian Federation Participates"] (in Russ.).
8. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po podgotovke Dokladov o rezulʹtatakh i osnovnykh napravleniyakh deyatelʹnosti subʺektov byudzhetnogo planirovaniya na 2006‑2008 gody (Utverzhdeny Minehkonomrazvitiya Rossii i Minfinom Rossii) [Methodical recommendations on the preparation of Reports on the results and main directions of subjects’ activity of budget planning for 2006‑2008 (Approved by the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia and the Ministry of Finance of Russia)] (in Russ.).
9. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po razrabotke i utverzhdeniyu kart proektov po realizatsii Osnovnykh napravleniy deyatelʹnosti Pravitelʹstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2012 goda. Utverzhdeny prikazom Minehkonomrazvitiya Rossii ot 6 aprelya 2009 goda No. 114 [Methodical instructions for the development and approval of maps of projects for the implementation of the main activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for the period until 2012. Approved by Order of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia on April 6, 2009 No. 114] (in Russ.).