Krzhizhanovskogo Street, 24/35, korpus 5, 117218, Moscow, Russia
Tel.: +7 (499) 128-85-19
Fax: +7 (495) 719-07-40
Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The article analyzes implementation of the “Education” National Project. Its relevance is shown in connection with modernization of the Russian economy and the need for institutional changes in the education system. Under review are relations between representatives of regional authorities and universities participating in the project, which experts estimate rather highly. The university’s victory in the competition within the framework of this project, according to representatives of the administration of the Russian Federation constituent entities, had both a positive impact on the status of the institution as a whole, and on its rating among other institutions of learning in the region. Also the winner university’s interaction with non-governmental organizations was distinguished. The way institutions’ participation in the “Education” National Project over the past two years influenced their educational and scientific activities was assessed. It demonstrates the changes that took place in the institutions thanks to state support within the project. It gives an assessment of the transformation of the institutions’ organizational structure, which consists, among other things, in expansion of democratic principles of management at the level of strategic decision-making in educational politics. Various aspects of improving the scientific and educational activities of institutions participating in the project, the role of information technologies in these activities etc. are considered. The data given testifies to the fact education that in the Russian Federation subjects is progressing in conjunction with modernization of the education system as a whole, with improvement of other social institutions. The education system not only changes when affected by federal policy, but is also largely influenced by changes in the functioning of regional education systems. The “Education” National Project is a backbone factor in modernization of the education system in years to come. Its implementation requires active participation of all concerned parties: teachers and professors, heads of educational institutions, and regional education authorities. Full information awareness of all concerned parties over a whole range of issues related to modernization of education is an essential prerequisite of such broad participation.
national project “Education”, higher education, modernization of education
1. Postanovleniye Pravitel’stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 30 dekabrya 2006 g. № 848 «O merakh gosudarstvennoy podderzhki sub'yektov Rossiyskoy Federatsii, vnedryayushchikh kompleksnyye proyekty modernizatsii obrazovaniya» [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 848 of December 30, 2006 "On Measures of State Support for the Subjects of the Russian Federation Implementing Comprehensive Educational Modernization Projects] (in Russ.).
2. Postanovleniye Pravitel’stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 01 dekabrya 2007 g. № 826 [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 1, 2007 No. 826 On the main results and prospects for the implementation of the priority national project "Education] (in Russ.).
3. Ob osnovnykh itogakh i perspektivakh realizatsii prioritetnogo natsional’nogo proyekta «Obrazovaniye» [On the main results and prospects for the implementation of the priority national project "Education”]. Obrazovaniye v dokumentakh. Informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’, 2008, January, no 2 (17), p. 65 (in Russ.).
4. O khode realizatsii prioritetnogo natsional’nogo proyekta «Obrazovaniye» v 2007 godu i zadachakh na 2008 god [On the implementation of the priority national project "Education" in 2007 and the tasks for 2008]. Obrazovaniye v dokumentakh. Informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’, 2008, January, no 1 (285), p. 36 (in Russ.).
5. Sheregi F. E., Zaytsev S. B. Prognoz izmeneniya chislennosti uchashcheysya molodëzhi obrazovatel’nykh uchrezhdeniy Rossiyskoy Federatsii (2007/08–2012/2013 uchebnyye gody) [Forecast of changes in the number of students in educational institutions of the Russian Federation (2007/08–2012/2013 academic years)]. Moscow, TSSP, 2008 (in Russ.).
6. Ukaz Prezidenta Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 28 iyunya 2007 g. № 825 [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 28 June 2007 No. 825] (in Russ.).