Victor A. Chigrin
Doctor of Sociology, Professor, Crimean Branch of FCTAS RAS, Simferopol, Russia,
ORCID ID=0000-0001-5110-5070Andrey A. Zotkin
Candidate of Sociology, Associate professor, V. I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University, Simferopol, Russia,
ORCID ID=0000-0002-4681-5809Elena G. Gorodetskaya
Candidate of Sociology, Associate professor, Crimean Branch of FCTAS RAS, Simferopol, Russia,
ORCID ID=0000-0001-9767-9803Vladimir V. Uzunov
Doctor of Political Science, Associate professor, Crimean Branch of FCTAS RAS, Simferopol, Russia,
Dynamics and structure of youth preferences in the information space of the Republic of Crimea.
Vestnik instituta sotziologii. 2022. Vol. 13. No. 2. P. 184-199
Дата поступления статьи: 17.04.2022
Topic: elf-esteem and value preferences of Russian youth
Chigrin V. A.., Zotkin A. A.., Gorodetskaya E. G.., Uzunov V. V.. Dynamics and structure of youth preferences in the information space of the Republic of Crimea. Vestnik instituta sotziologii
. 2022. Vol. 13. No. 2. P. 184-199
. EDN: RVBQNP
The article actualises the issues of information security in the conditions of transformations of the media space in the regions of Russia (on the example of the Republic of Crimea). Attention is focused on the preferences of young people regarding the sources of obtaining and usage the information received. The main contours of preferences in the choice of information source are determined. The specificity of the choice of information sources typical for young people in the Republic of Crimea is shown. In addition to the Internet, an important source of information for regional youth is direct social contacts and personal communication. In the list of Internet sources, social network information resources have an advantage. It is proved that the information preferences of young people and older generations do not always coincide. For this purpose, the results of sociological studies conducted in 2018-2020 in the Republic of Crimea (before and during the coronavirus pandemic) are presented. Studies have shown that it is distance learning and self-isolation that are factors undermining the existing system of social relations, social subordination and social control. Particular attention is paid to the study of the manifestation of youth interest in information sources of extremist content. The gender and age structure of those interested in Internet sources of extremist content has been revealed. Despite the fact that the identified "risk groups" are relatively small, they significantly increase the likelihood of participating in various kinds of informal organisations, including those of a radical nature. The problem is exacerbated by the secrecy and vagueness of the existence of such groups that function in the information space as flexible and combinatorial social formations capable of rapid structural change and renewal. As the results of the research showed, the tendency of young people to “leave” into the virtual space was intensified by the factor of social isolation and the introduction of forms of distance learning, that contributed to the erosion of strong social ties and their replacement with weak ones (in accordance with the terminology of network analysis theory). It is shown that the state and society in the interests of ensuring internal stability and security, should, undoubtedly, must seriously take into account the processes of transformation of the media space, where a significant proportion of the activity of today's youth is transferred.
information space, Internet, social networks, youth, information security, risk groups, coronavirus pandemic
- Gorshkov M. K., Sheregi F. E. The Youth of Russia under the Lens of Sociology: Results of Years of Research. Мoscow, FNISTS RAN, 2020: 688 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.19181/monogr.978-5-89697-325-6.2020
- Informacionnaya bezopasnost` i voprosy profilaktiki kiberekstremizma sredi molodyozhi (sbornik statej) [Information security and prevention of cyber extremism among youth (collection of articles)]. Ed. by G. N. Chusavitina, L. Z. Davletkirieva, E. V. Chernova. Magnitogorsk, MaGU, 2013: 162 (in Russ.).
- Monitoring obstanovki v obrazovatelnyh organizaciyah Respubliki Krym i analiz deyatelnosti molodezhnyh subkultur v celyah vyyavleniya faktov rasprostraneniya ekstremistskoj ideologii: nauchnyj otchet KF FNISCz RAN [Monitoring the situation in educational institutions of the Republic of Crimea and analyzing the activities of youth subcultures in order to identify the facts of the spread of extremist ideology: a scientific report of the Crimean Branch FCTAS RAS (April–May 2020)]. Simferopol, archive of the Crimean Branch FCTAS RAS, 2020: 117 (in Russ.).
- Podyachev K. V., Khaliy I. A. The State Youth Policy in Contemporary Russia: Concept and Realities. RUDN Journal of Sociology, 2020: 20 (2): 263–276 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.22363/2313-2272-2020-20-2-263-276
- Radaev V. V. The divide among the millennial generation: historical and empirical Justifications. (Part one). Sotsiologicheskii zhurnal, 2020: 26: 3: 30–63 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.19181/socjour.2020.26.3.7395
- Radaev V. V. The divide among the millennial generation: historical and empirical Justifications. (Ending). Sotsiologicheskii zhurnal, 2020: 26: 4: 31–60 (in Russ.). DOI: 10.19181/socjour.2020.26.4.7641
- Soldatova A. V. Problems of ensuring the information security of children on the Internet. In XXI International Conference in memory of Professor L. N. Kogan “Culture, personality, society in the modern world: methodology, experience of empirical research”. March 22‑23, 2018, Yekaterinburg. Yekaterinburg, UrFU, 2018: 775–786 (in Russ.).
- Soldatova G. U., Lvova E. N., Chigarkova S. V. Security assurance strategies in social networks. Human psychology as a subject of knowledge, communication and activity. Ed. by V. V. Znakov, A. L. Zhuravlev. Moscow, IP RAN, 2018: 2187–2194 (in Russ.).