Ekaterina V. Artyushina
, Candidate of Economics, Associate professor, HSE University, Moscow, Russia,
ORCID ID=0000-0002-1742-0808Marianna M. Korenkova
, HSE University, Moscow, Russia,
Research on the factors of consumer satisfaction with the development of digital communications: expectations and reality.
Vestnik instituta sotziologii. 2021. Vol. 12. No. 1. P. 118-135
Дата поступления статьи: 28.02.2021
Topic: Social communications in the “digital expansion” situation
Ekaterina V. Artyushina., Marianna M. Korenkova. Research on the factors of consumer satisfaction with the development of digital communications: expectations and reality. Vestnik instituta sotziologii
. 2021. Vol. 12. No. 1. P. 118-135
The authors of this article proceed from the fact that, as a result of the intensive development of digital technologies, a digital society has formed an understanding of life, in which many habitual social practices have been transformed into digital ones. In particular, digital technologies have contributed to the fact that communication on personal, social and commercial issues has moved to a different, virtual level. However, in a number of areas, digital communication causes problems and communication disruptions. For example, previous studies have highlighted high levels of consumer dissatisfaction with companies using digital communication tools. Especially a lot of criticism is caused by answerphones, recently widely popular and used increasingly by public and commercial institutions. The article examines the new ways companies use to deliver their message to an existing or potential customer, as well as the quality and customer ratings of some of these solutions. In addition, the authors tried to identify factors that influence consumer satisfaction when communicating with companies in the digital environment. The main research methods are analysis of previous projects results, interviews and online survey. The article is based on the results of the research conducted in the city of Nizhny Novgorod. The city residents expectations for the automated communication system used in the modern world between the user and the service provider in case when communication is initiated by the consumer to solve his problems were studied on the example of telecommunications companies. These expectations were divided into six groups, and a comparative quantitative assessment of consumer expectations and the actual quality of communication was made. A low level of satisfaction with new ways of communication between companies and consumers was detected, and factors influencing consumer attitudes were identified. In general, the study showed that the formed factors determine the priority directions of transformation of the communication practices of companies and are the basis for the balance of technologies and human resources at the enterprise.
digital communications, consumer satisfaction research, communication activities, automation of the communication process, consumer satisfaction, marketing communications
- Artyushina E. V. Rol kontaktnogo personala v osushchestvlenii innovatsionnoi deiatelnosti diversifitsirovannykh kompanii [The role of the contact personnel in implementation of innovative activity of the diversified companies]. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom. 2015. No. 2. P. 134–140 (in Russ.)
- Artyushina E. V. Issledovanie otnosheniia potrebiteley k sozdaniiu avtomatizirovannoy sistemy kommunikatsii na rynke uslug [Research of consumers’ attitude to the creation of an automated communication system in the service market]. Informatsionnoe obshchestvo. 2019. No. 1–2. P. 61–68 (In Russ.).
- Artyushina E. V., Suchkov P. V. Rol doveritelnykh otnoshenii v upravlenii sotrudnikami rabotaiushchimi s klientami [The role of trust relationships in managing employees who work with clients]. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom. 2011. No. 3. P. 106–110 (In Russ.).
- Aseeva I. A. Are the Russian people prepared to enter the new techno-anthropological reality?. Vestnik instituta sotziologii. 2020. Vol. 11. No. 2. P. 141–156. DOI: https://doi. org/10.19181/vis.2020.11.2.650 (In Russ.).
- Babiyan N. 11 digital-tendentsiy, kotorie gospodstvuyut v nashem mire [11 digital trends that dominate our world]. [Online edition RB.RU]. 2017. Accessed: 20.03.2020. URL: https:// rb.ru/opinion/digital-tendencii/ (In Russ.).
- Brun O. E. 2011. “Razvitie teorii sotsialnoy sety” [Social network theory development]. Vestnik MGIMO Universiteta. 2011. No. 1. P. 236–241 (In Russ.)
- Vojtkevich A. I., El’-Smajli D. P. Rol’ digital-tekhnologij v prodvizhenii fmcg- brendov [The role of digital technologies in promoting fmcg brands]. Vestnik RUDN. Seriya: Economika. 2016. No. 4. P. 99–109 (In Russ.).
- Glushakova T. Zamery udovletvorionnosty potrebiteley I upravlenie predpriyatiem [Customer satisfaction measurements and enterprise management]. [Marketing magazine 4p.ru]. 2020. Accessed: 24.04.2020. URL: https://psycho.ru/library/233 (In Russ.)
- Grebenik V. V., Vorotnikova I. V. Trndentsii novich tsifrovich technologiy v razvitii sovremennogo bisnesa [Tendencies of new digital technologies in the development of modern Business]. Vestnik Evraziyskoy nauki. 2018. No. 3. Accessed: 29.06.2020 https://esj.today/ PDF/42ECVN318.pdf (In Russ.).
- Demidov A. Rossiyskiy potrebitel [Russian consumer]. [GfK Group]. 2015. Accessed: 24.04.2020. URL: https://www.gfk.com/fileadmin/user_upload/dyna_content/RU/Documents/ Press_Releases/2016/GfK_RussianConsumer. (In Russ.).
- Dumik D. Pyat’ samyh uspeshnyh chat-botov v biznese [Five of the most successful chatbots in business]. [Vedomosti.ru]. 2018. Accessed: 14.05.2020. URL: https://www.vedomosti. ru/partner/characters/2018/03/01/752546-pyat-uspeshnih (In Russ.).
- Igumenov V. Voyna za vnimaniye [The war for attention]. RBK. 2018. No. 7. P. 8–9 (in Russ.).
- Kampanella Dzh. Economics of quality. Basic principles and their application. Transl. from Eng. by M. Raskina. Moscow: Standarty i kachestvo. 2005. 232 p. (in Russ.).
- Castells M. Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture. Transl. from Eng. by O. I. Shkaratan. Moscow: SI HSE, 2000. 608 p. (in Russ.).
- Klososki S. Razrabotka digital-strategii. Instrumenty i tekhnologii [Developing a digital strategy. Tools and technologies]. Website Likeni.ru. 2013. Accessed: 14.05.2020 URL: https:// www.likeni.ru/events/skott-klososki-razrabotka-digital-strategii-noveyshie-instrumenty-i-tekhnologii/ (In Russ.).
- Kravchenko S. A. The sociological “arrow of time” in the XXI century: innovations in materials from Global sociology conventions. Vestnik instituta sotziologii. 2018. Vol. 9. No. 4. P. 84–104 DOI: https://doi.org/10.19181/vis.2018.27.4.540 (In Russ.).
- Luman N. Social’nye sistemy. Ocherk obshchey teorii. [Luhmann Niklas Soziale systeme. Grundriss einer allgemeinen theorie. Transl. from German by I. D. Gazieva]. Sankt Peterburg: Nauka. 2007. 648 p. (In Russ.).
- Makluen M. Understanding Media: the External extensions of a person / Transl. from Eng. V. Nikolaeva. Moscow: Zhukovsriy: Kanonpress, Kuchkovo pole. 2003. 464 p. (In Russ.).
- Radaev V. V. Sociologiya rynkov: k formirovaniyu novogo napravleniya [Sociology of markets: towards the formation of a new direction]. Moscow: GU HSE, 2003. 328 p. (In Russ.).
- Faskhiev KH.A. Udovletvorionnost potrebiteley i ejo otsenka [Customer satisfaction and its assessment]. Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom. 2010. No. 2. P. 39–52. (In Russ.).
- Fediunin D. V. Sovremennye osobennosti postroeniya cifrovykh kommunikaciy i ikh effektivnost [Modern features of building digital communications and their effectiveness]. Prakticheskiy Marketing. 2017. No. 11. Accessed: 14.05.2020. URL: https://www.cfin.ru/press/ practical/2012-11/05.shtml. (In Russ.).
- Hull J. Novie technologii, na kotorie stoit obratit vnimanie marketologam [New technologies that marketers should pay attention to]. Web site Thinkwithgoogle.com. 2019. Accessed: 20.03.2020. URL: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/ru-ru/insights-trends/ad-effectiveness-research/2019-tech-trends. (In Russ.).
- Andrejevic Mark. Big Data, Big Questions. The Big Data Divide. International Journal of Communication. 2014. No. 8. P. 17. Accessed: 25.02.2021 URL: https://ijoc.org/index.php/ ijoc/article/view/2161.
- Bolter J. D., Grusin R. Remidiation. Understandig New Media. 2000. Accessed: 25.02.2021. URL: http://monoskop.org/images/a/ae/Bolter_Jay_David_Grusin_Richard_ Remediation_Understanding_New_Media_low_quality.pdfEmersonR.M.Power-Dependence Relation. American Sociological Review. 1962. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 31–41.
- Emerson R. M. Power-Dependence Relation. American Sociological Review. 1962. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 31–41.
- Kotler Ph. T., Armstrong G. Principles of Marketing. 17th Edition. Pearson. 2016. 800 p.
- Livingstone S. People living in the new media age: rethinking ‘audiences’ and ‘users’. Oxford Internet Institute/ MIT Workshop: New Approaches to Research on the Social Implications of Emerging Technologies. 2005. P. 2–18.
- Pikton D., Broderick A. Integrated marketing communications. Prentice Hall. 2016. 761p.