Krzhizhanovskogo Street, 24/35, korpus 5, 117218, Moscow, Russia
Tel.: +7 (499) 128-85-19
Fax: +7 (495) 719-07-40
Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The article substantiates the need to streamline the conceptual framework of sociology of management, and introduce terminological differences between its basic concepts and paradigms, between social management and sociology of management, which will facilitate the systematization of numerous but disparate and poorly comparable studies in this field. The history of development of sociology of management, change of its interpretations with the development of the given branch of sociological science is discussed. The evolvement of the native sociology of management is shown; its range of problems in the 1960s developed in the framework of sociology of labor, industrial sociology and the sociology of organizations. In the 1990s sociology of management was seen as a sociological superstructure over management. The importance of sociology of management in modern Russia, associated with the transformation of society, problems of management in various spheres of life and activities that emerged in connection with the transformation processes. The individualization of management as a problem and a unit of observation is unparalleled in Western literature and reflects the Russian socio-cultural specifics. At present, there is a crisis of thought on management, a research program is needed to solve the problems of institutionalization of governance in our country, taking into account its history, traditions and social and cultural conditioning of the management mechanisms. This stage in the development of sociology of management is accompanied by refinement of the epistemological status of sociological expertise on management, the ontognosiological foundations of the subject and all elements of the methodological organization of research as problems of controllability of social processes. For development of sociology of management and its advancement into management practice, it is necessary to streamline the conceptual framework of the sociology of management, introduce clear terminological differences between its basic concepts. This requirement is met by the task set by the team of the Center of Sociology of Management and Social Technologies of the Institute of Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences to prepare a theoretical applicative definition dictionary “Sociology of management”. Its originality is not only that the dictionary is created for the first time in this field of sociology, but also is based on its own domestic research of methodological and empirical nature.
subject field of sociology of management, the theory, history and paradigms of sociology of management, the conceptual device of sociology of management, the thesaurus (terminology) of sociology of management, applied aspects of sociology of management, management
1. Gosudarstvennoye upravleniye: Slovar’-spravochnik [Public Administration: Dictionary-Directory]. Translate from Eng. Saint Petersburg, 2001 (in Russ.).
2. Dridze T. M. Dve novyye paradigmy sotsial’nogo poznaniya i sotsial’noy praktiki [Two new paradigms of social cognition and social practice]. Rossiya: transformiruyushcheyesya obshchestvo. Moscow, 2001 (in Russ.).
3. Mezhotraslevoye vzaimodeystviye v sotsial’nom upravlenii [Interindustry interaction in social management]. Ed. by E. M. Akimkin, A. V. Tikhonov. Moscow, 2007 (in Russ.).
4. Problemy upravleniya i upravlyayemosti sotsial’nykh protsessov: metodologiya, metody i protsedury sotsiologicheskogo issledovaniya. Materialy II Vseros. nauch. konf. «Sotsial’noye upravleniye, kommunikatsiya i sotsial’no-proyektnyye tekhnologii» [Problems of management and controllability of social processes: methodology, methods and procedures of sociological research. Materials II Vseros. sci. Conf. "Social management, communication and socio-project technologies"]. Ed by A. V. Tikhonov. Moscow, 2008 (in Russ.).
5. Slovar’ terminov po upravleniyu personalom [Glossary of terms for personnel management]. Ed. by I. S. Bolotin. Moscow, 2009 (in Russ.).
6. Sotsial’naya organizatsiya promyshlennogo predpriyatiya: sootnosheniye planiruyemykh i spontannykh protsessov [The social organization of an industrial enterprise: the ratio of planned and spontaneous processes]. Compiler and general editor N. I. Lapin. Moscow, 2005 (in Russ.).
7. Sotsial’noye obosnovaniye strategiy gorodskogo, regional’nogo i korporativnogo razvitiya: problemy i metody issledovaniy [Social substantiation of urban, regional and corporate development strategies: problems and methods of research. Materials of the 9th Dridze Readings]. Materialy IX Dridzevskikh chteniy. Moscow, 2010 (in Russ.).
8. Sotsial’noye upravleniye, kommunikatsiya i sotsial’no-proyektnyye tekhnologii [Social management, communication and socio-project technologies]. Responsible ed. A. V. Tikhonov. Moscow, 2006 (in Russ.).
9. Sotsiologicheskaya entsiklopediya [Sociological Encyclopedia]. In 2 vol. Head of project G. Yu. Semigin. Moscow, 2003 (in Russ.).
10. Sotsiologicheskiy slovar’ [Sociological dictionary]. Resposible ed. G. V. Osipov, L. N. Moskvichev. Moscow, 2008 (in Russ.).
11. Sotsiologiya truda. Teoretiko-prikladnoy tolkovyy slovar’ [Sociology of labor. Theoretical and Applied Explanatory Dictionary]. Responsible ed. V. A. Yadov. Saint Petersburg, 2006 (in Russ.).
12. Sotsiologiya upravleniya: strategiya, protsedury i rezul’taty issledovaniy [Sociology of management: strategy, procedures and research results]. Responsible ed. A. V. Tikhonov. Moscow, 2010 (in Russ.).
13. Tezaurus sotsiologii [Thesaurus of Sociology] Ed. by Zh. T. Toshchenko. Moscow, 2009 (in Russ.).
14. Teoriya upravleniya: sotsial’no-tekhnologicheskiy podkhod. Entsiklopedich. Slovar’ [Governance: a socio-technological approach. Encyclopedic dictionary]. 3rd ed. Ed. by V. N. Ivanov, V. I. Patrushev. Moscow, 2004 (in Russ.).
15. Tikhonov A. V. Sotsiologiya upravleniya: teoreticheskiye osnovy [Sociology of management: theoretical bases]. Saint Petersburg, 2000 (in Russ.).
16. Tikhonov A. V. Sotsiologiya upravleniya [Sociology of Management]. 2nd ed., supplemented and revised. Moscow, 2007s (in Russ.).
17. Tikhonov A. V., Bogdanov V. S., Merzlyakov A. A. Sotsiologiya upravleniya kak ob’yekt metodologicheskogo analiza (na materialakh issledovaniya dissertatsionnykh rabot po spetsial’nosti 22.00.08) [Sociology of management as an object of methodological analysis (on materials of research of dissertational works on specialty 22.00.08)]. Sotsial’noye obosnovaniye strategiy gorodskogo, regional’nogo i korporativnogo razvitiya: problemy i metody issledovaniy. Materialy IX Dridzevskikh chteniy. Moscow, 2010 (in Russ.).
18. Chesnokov S. V. Determinatsionnyy analiz sotsial’no-ekonomicheskikh dannykh [Determinative analysis of socio-economic data]. 2nd ed., supplemented and revised. Moscow, 2009 (in Russ.).
19. Shcherbina V. V. Sotsial’nyye teorii organizatsii: Slovar’ [Social Theory of Organization: Vocabulary]. Moscow, 2000 (in Russ.).
20. Yadov V. A. Sotsiologicheskoye issledovaniye: metodologiya, programma, metody [Sociological research: methodology, program, methods]. Samara, 1995 (in Russ.).